Color Your Negative Space Challenge
We are excited to announce our 2019 mini quilt challenge!
This year we are doing the crayon challenge. Participants will blindly choose 3 crayons from our crayon bag and make a modern mini quilt incorporating all 3 colors and using negative space as a design element.
Here are the rules:
- You may add as many additional colors as you like, as long as your chosen crayon colors are featured predominately, including the binding.
- The size of the quilt should not exceed 36" on any side. (With this guideline, your quilt will be eligible to be entered into the small quilt category at QuiltCon).
- All 3 crayon colors must be used and should be the predominant colors of your mini quilt.
- Negative space must be a featured design element. In addition you must include at least 2 of the following modern quilt design elements:
- Bright/graphic color palette
- No border
- Improvisational Piecing
- Alternate Grid Work
- Exaggerated Scale
- We encourage original design, but you may use a pattern (please give credit to the pattern designer).
Your challenge quilt is due at the August 3rd meeting. Prizes will be awarded!
We will have the crayons for you to choose from at the May, June and July meetings. You may also email Valorie at spydeeland at aol dot com to request 3 crayon colors. Please include "GMQG Crayon Request" in the subject line.
Post a Comment