Our January meeting featured 3 free motion quilting demo stations. Many thanks to Valorie Kasten, Cheryl Brickey and Faye Jones for putting together and awesome demo with lots of great tips and information! Very inspiring!
Here are the related links and information:
The Power of the Pebble PDF - Link
(Valorie’s doodling device: Blackboard by Boogie Board; they are available from most large retailers for less than $45.)
Five Tips for Successful Domestic Ruler Quilting - Link
Here is a Link to Cheryl’s Amazon page with her favorite tools and notions for doing ruler quilting on her domestic machine. She quilts on a Bernina 710 and has the Bernina ruler foot.
Thanks to Faye for reminding us to have fun and practice , practice , practice our Free Motion Quilting and make it into a Charity Quilt!
|The Power of the Pebble|
|Free Motion Quilting / Tracing Fabric Elements|
|Domestic Ruler Quilting|
• We welcomed 43 members, 5 new members and 8 guests to our meeting this month.
• Our first sew-in day at Bernina will be January 17, 2020 from 10 AM to 4 PM. Bernina We’re in Stitches shop is located at 2310 E. North Street, Ste A, Greenville, SC. Your admission is to purchase ½ yd of fabric from Bernina and contribute it to “the pot.” Each attendee then places their name in a basket for a drawing to win all the ½ yard cuts. Bring your machines and a project to work on and enjoy getting to know old and new members of the guild while learning and having loads of fun. If you have never been to Bernina’s there is much to see from a terrific selection of fabrics to beautiful finished quilts in the sewing room.
(Thanks to our Sew in Coordinators, Sandy Helsel & Rita Sassone. Our Sew-in /days will be held the third Friday of every other month.)
Spring Retreat at Wildacres April 2-5th
• Registration is underway and 17 of the 24 slots have been filled to date. Those that have registered, but not paid the fee ($240) please gets your checks to Sandy Helsel, 209 Scenic River Way, Taylors, SC. 29687 to confirm your registration. For more information contact Sandy by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandy Helsel, co-chair of Spring Retreat)
Note: Saturday, April 4th, our regular monthly meeting will be replaced by an all day Mini-Retreat held at our normal location, St. Giles Church. More information will be provided at future meetings and online as plans are made.
Quilters of SC Spring Meeting
• Nichole McLellan, our Quilters of SC Representative, invites us all to attend the Spring Meeting on March 21, 2020 at Hilton Greenville, (45 West Orchard Park Drive, Greenville, SC 29615)
For more information click here.
GMQG 2020 Block of the Month Series:
• This year Cynthia Steward will be creating our Block of the Month Series. She has chosen Modern “Quilting Influencers” as our theme. Click here for this month’s PDF instructions: January Block - Gwen Marston’s String Improv OR visit the BOM Blog here:
Quiltfest Greenville, SC
• Quiltfest’s spring quilt festival will be held April 30-May 2, 2020 here in Greenville, SC! Click here for more info.
• QuiltCon 2020 will be in Austin, Texas, Feb. 20–23, 2020 at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas. Click here for more info.
Didi Salvatierra Class
• Didi Salvatierra will be teaching a class called “So You Want To Hand Quilt?” on Thursday March 19, 1-4 pm. PDF here. Sign-ups for this class are being handled by Beginnings Quilt Shop on Greenville Highway in Hendersonville. Class size is limited.
Show and Share
|Cindy Lammons and Cheryl Brickey|
|Paige Alexander, Faye Jones, Valorie Kasten, Cheryl Brickey, Cindy Lammons and Travis Seward - Group Quilt|
See you next month!