Date: Saturday, February 3rd, 2024
Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Location: Giles Presbyterian Church, 1021 Hudson Rd, Greenville SC. In the single-story building behind the main chapel.
The meeting was opened at 1:00pm by President Ava Moore.
The March program will be via Zoom, which can be viewed from home or there will be a viewing at the Fellowship Hall. There will not be a business meeting or show and share in March. But if you come to the Fellowship Hall, there will be social time after the viewing. See the program notes for more details.
The 2024 Outreach Quilt has been received by QuiltCon. If you are looking for the quilt at the show, look for a quilt that says “Greer, SC”, instead of Greenville.
One thing to consider while at QuiltCon—if the Guild is going to have a quilt in the 2025 QuiltCon event, I am looking for someone to head up the effort to design, organize the creation and send off the quilt. This is a team effort, so I am just looking for someone to head the project.
We have two volunteers to head the Holiday Luncheon Committee—Kerry Newberry and Julie Biggs. Both have experience with events and look forward to everyone’s support for a great event in December.
For the QuiltFest Mancuso show in April, Marilyn will need to know by the March meeting if you have a modern quilt to place in the exhibition for the Guild. She will need to know the quilt name, size, and value. If you feel the valuation is over $1,000, you will need to provide documentation for the valuation. Also, the quilt will need a 4” sleeve and label. The show is at the Greenville Convention Center, April 18 to 20th.
Quilts will need to be turned into Marilyn by April 13th.
Board and Committees:
- Social Media Dagmar Theodore: There will be more updates posted on FB and via email for the year ahead.
- Philanthropy Duski Coleman and Cindy Lange—There was a good number of quilts donated, thank you to all those who donated!
- Membership Linda Cassell & Teresa Mellison: 1 guest and two new members this month. Saturday was the deadline to be included in the MQG national list of members. If members rejoin later, they will be added back to the list.
- Treasurer Dawn Holter: The guild currently has 65 members.
- Programs Dawn Bianco, Michelle Giles and Barbara Stroup – Programs for the new year were announced and the 2024 program and workshop schedule is attached.
- The March meeting will be a Zoom meeting with Sarah Goer. There will be more announcements and details to follow. You may watch from home or come to the Fellowship Hall to see the Zoom.
Show and Share