Have you completed your Challenge Quilt yet? With almost 3 weeks until our August Meeting, there's still time!
A reminder of the rules:
- Choose a traditional block whose name begins with the same letter as one of your names and create a quilt in a modern style. This means that you will have at least three letters to work with or more if you have multiple middle or last names.
- Resources that catalog traditional blocks are numerous such as The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns by Jinny Beyer, 5,500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone, and quilterscache.com.
- The quilts are due at the August 11 meeting and prizes will be awarded.
- Quilt size not to exceed 36" on any one side.
- The interpretation of your block is open to your imagination!
- The design must use at least 3 of these 8 elements in modern quilt design:
- Bright/graphic color palette
- Negative Space
- No border
- Improvisational piecing
- Alternate grid work
- Exaggerated Scale
Don't have time to make a Challenge Quilt? Hope you'll join us anyway for what always turns out to be a wonderful display!