Greenville Modern Quilt Guild is excited to announce a Fall lecture and workshop with Yvonne Fuchs!
See below for information on Early Bird pricing.
Yvonne Fuchs has been quilting for 20+ years. In her earlier career, Yvonne worked as an aerospace engineer until April 2014, when she radically redesigned her life to focus on her physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Her company name, Quilting Jetgirl, is a blend of her professional histories and the tagline "Sewing at the Speed of Sound" is a nod to her work on the second privately funded (non-government) vehicle to break the sound barrier. Yvonne is a Quilter, Designer, Tech Editor and Blogger with a love for monochromatic minimal quilts. She often explores transparency in her designs and considers being transparent as a life challenge: removing the sense of needing to live behind a veil of secrecy and living fully and authentically.
Find Yvonne on social media at:
Friday, October 12, 2018 - Lecture by Yvonne Fuchs
- Open to all, takes the place of our October Guild meeting, free for GMQG members.
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m., Lecture at 7 p.m.
- Lecture topic to be determined.
Saturday, October 13, 2018 - Workshop with Yvonne Fuchs
- Limited to 20 participants, pre-registration is required, see pricing information below.
- 6 Hour Workshop - 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Workshop Topic: Transparency - Learn how to evaluate fabric choices for transparency overlay and about how the visual relationship between different colors, print sizes, and tones can be balanced in your quilts by working through the Triangle Transparency pattern. Traditional piecing techniques will be explored, with additional insights into precision piecing and how to work with directional fabrics.
Sign-ups begin Saturday, June 9, 2018
- In order to assure we have sufficient interest in the class to cover nonrefundable airfare expenses, we are asking members to sign up and pay for the workshop by July 14, 2018 (our July guild meeting). We will need to cancel the workshop if the minimal participation is not met by the registration deadline.
- Early Bird pricing for the workshop is only $45 for GMQG members until June 30, 2018. On July 1, 2018, the cost of the workshop will go to $50 for GMQG members and registration will open to non-members at a cost of $60. The cost of the workshop includes the Triangle Transparency pattern.
- If you are unable to attend the June meeting, please send your registration check to Paige Alexander. Contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The lecture and Workshop will be held at the Bernina Sewing Center, our regular meeting location.
- The Friday night lecture is free to Greenville MQG members. Non-members will be charged $5.
You don't want to miss this opportunity to take this QuiltCon class with your friends and fellow guild members at a great savings!
|Sunburst Transparency pattern by Yvonne|