Thank you Travis and Catherine for such a great program!
Catherine's Studio is in the Greenville Center for Creative Arts and is open on First Fridays.
- 35 members and 6 visitors joined us for our June meeting!
Quilt Presentation to Leslie White:
- We were thrilled to present the Bernina Store owner, Leslie White, with a quilt to thank her for welcoming us into her shop and allowing us to use the classroom space at no cost every month.
- Didi Salvatierra spearheaded the project and provided border fabric for all of the blocks that were then made by our members using scraps from their stash.
- Cindy Lammon assembled the quilt top, Carol Alperin machine quilted it and Paige Alexander bound the quilt.
- We think Leslie was genuinely surprised!
- The Carolina Shop Hop is July 20 - 28, 2018 and Bernina, We're in Stitches is participating. The theme is "Summer in the Carolinas" and each shop will have a 12" x 18" block space. There are lots of prizes for hoppers including sewing machines!
- Check the shop for Summer classes including Fabric Collage and Jelly Roll Rug.
- Columbia Quilt Expo is July 20-21. Entries will be accepted from June 11 to June 14, 2018.
- The Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild is hosting instructor, Anita Grossman Solomon who will present her "Two-Color Pineapple Block" class on Jul 27, 2018. Cost for non-members is $85 for the 6-hour class plus the cost of Anita's book (around $10).
- We will have a scissor sharpener at our August 11, 2018 meeting. The cost is $15 per scissors, straight and pinking.
- QuiltCon is February 21-24, 2019 in Nashville, TN. Information can be found at quiltcon.com. Registration for classes and passes opens on June 26, 2018 for MQG members.
- Our next Sew-In is June 15, 2018 at the Bernina Store. All are welcome. Bring your own projects to work on and please purchase 1/2 yard of fabric in the store to be used as a door prize.
- A mini quilt swap has been organized with the Charleston and Columbia MQGs! The reps for our guild are Paige Alexander, Michelle Blake and Nicole McClelland. Please follow this link for all the details: South Carolina MQG Swap
- We are participating in the MQG Charity Challenge. Watch for more information to come.
- We are excited to host Yvonne Fuchs for a lecture and workshop on Friday, October 12, 2018 and a workshop on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The workshop is limited to 20 participants and filled during sign-ups at our June meeting. Please contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list. Follow this link for all the details: 2018 Workshop Announcement
- Upcoming Meetings: July 14 - Round Robin, August 11 - Guild Challenge (see this post for Challenge Rules)
- 8 quilts were donated this month for our Charity Program. Thank you!
Block of the Month:
- This month we'll be making the Polaroid Block. Follow the link for the video tutorial.
- Trim to 6.5" x 6.5" for a finished size of 6" x 6"
- Here's what you'll need to make the block:
- 1 - 2.5" x 2.5" novelty print for picture
- 2 - 1" x 2.5" white for picture frame
- 1 - 1" x 3.5" white for picture frame
- 1 - 1.5" x 3.5" white for picture frame
- 2 - 2.5" x 4" background (any color)
- 2 - 2.5" x 7.5" background
Show and Share
|Mary Ann Rosenberg - Sailboat Quilt made from her Dad's shirts|
|Mary Ann Rosenberg - Charity Quilts|
|Mary Ann Rosenberg - 6 tops that need quilting for charity|
|Michelle Blake - Charity Quilts including "Row Addition" made from BOM Improv Stripes|
|Leslie Riekert - Sampler quilt made with many blocks from Pat Sloan's Splendid Sampler|
|Darlene Morse - Raffle Quilt for Nimble Thimbles QG - pattern is Carnival|
|Faye Jones - Scrap Quilt and Charity Quilt|
|Helen Hale - Two baby Quilt Tops|
|Sue Sinclair - Gypsy Wife Quilt|
|Valerie Kasten - Pineapple Quilt and Charity Quilt|
|Didi Salvatierra - Mondrian inspired Swap quilt and I-Spy Quilt|
|Mitzie Schafer - Dandy Ridge (Mitzie's pattern) and Lonestar Variation|
|Cheryl Brickey - Plus BOM QAL quilt and Chalk in Modern Quilts Unlimited|
|Cheryl Brickey - Isosceles Addition in Love Patchwork and Quilting and Charity Quilt|
|Paige Alexander - Pineapple Tablerunner and Linked Within Quilt in the Quilter's Planner|
|Susan Rink - Hexagon Placemat|
|Cindy Lammon - Charity Quilt and Bjorn Bear pattern by Elizabeth Hartman|
Our next meeting is Saturday, July 14, 2018. Hope you can join us at:
2310 East North Street, Suite A
Greenville, SC 29607