We are excited to announce that our guild is participating in the South Carolina Modern Quilt Guild Swap!
Representatives from each of the three MQGs in SC have organized a mini quilt swap. The reps are:
- Greenville MQG: Michelle Blake, Nicole McClellan, and Paige Alexander
- Charleston MQG: Phoebe Harrell and Geri Smith
- Columbia MQG: Mitzie Schafer and Nicole McLaughlin
Registration is now open! Register by following this link: https://goo.gl/forms/C0y87pHX8T4etepV2
Please read the details before registering:
- You must be a member of one of the SC guilds.
- Make a mini quilt with no side larger than 24" and no smaller than 12".
- Theme: "Personalize It" - get to know your partner using their form and make something you know they will love!
- No extras please. Just the mini swap.
- The social media hashtag is #SCMQGSWAP
- If you're on Instagram, post progress shots by the deadline.
- Members without an Instagram account can still participate. Simply provide progress shots by the deadline dates to any of the GMQG reps, so they know you are on track.
- Registration Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Partner Matches: August 5, 2018
- Progress Shot #1, Fabric Pull: September 1, 2018
- Progress Shot #2, some piecing done on the top: October 6, 2018
- Final Swap: Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 11 AM at the Columbia Creative Sewing Center in Columbia, SC, 519 12th St, West Columbia, SC 29169 (you need not be present to participate in the swap).
We are excited and hoping for high participation!
- We ask that you only sign up if you believe that you can finish the mini on time. We don't want any of our folks NOT to get their mini. We will have angels, but we hope not to have to use them. If you find you can't finish, please let one of your reps know ASAP so your angel has time to complete something of quality.
- You will be matched with someone outside your guild.
- Fill out the form to register. Your information will be compiled and shared with your partner so he/she can make you something that you will just love - something "personal". And thanks for playing!
- Register at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/C0y87pHX8T4etepV2