As quilters, don't we love fabric? We buy it, hoard it, pet it, and ooh and aah over it - but sometimes, when it comes to cutting it up for a quilt, we live in fear of making a mistake. This month, Cindy Lammon and Faye Jones will try to allay some of that fear. After discussing some ideas to consider when choosing fabrics for a quilt, we'll break up into small groups and practice combining prints that play nicely with each other.
To facilitate the exercise, we ask that you bring a bag of about 20 scraps of modern prints from your scrap bin, cut up into 5" squares. We'll be sharing these in our groups, so no worry if you don't have any scraps to spare - there will be plenty to work with.
- Please return any library books that you have checked out so that others may borrow them.
- Valorie will have the "Crayon Bag" for our 2019 Guild Challenge if you would like to participate and didn't get your crayons last month.
- This month's Block of the Month is Parking Lot.
- Bring any sewing related items that you no longer need for our Free To A Good Home Sharing Table.
- We look forward to seeing your projects for Show and Share!
- This is the last month to sign up for workshops with Kitty Wilkin.
Kitty Wilkin Workshop Supply Lists
We now have the Supply Lists for the workshops with Kitty Wilkin on May 31-June 1. They can be found by clicking the workshop links below:
Many of our members have expressed an interest in adding a Fall retreat to our guild's activities. We have researched several options and will be sharing all the details and a proposal for our membership to consider at this month's meeting. Hope you can join us on May 4, from 1-3 pm, at St. Giles Church, 1021 Hudson Rd., Greenville, SC.