This Special Exhibit to showcase the Greenville Modern Quilt Guild activities and its member’s creativity and skills will be part of QuiltFest Greenville SC Quilt Show, at the Greenville Convention Center, June 4- 6, 2020.
QUILT EXHIBIT CATEGORIES
1. Quilt created for a GMQGs Annual Guild Challenge:
- 2016 Guild Challenge: Black and White with a Pop of Color
- 2017 Guild Challenge: Birds in The Air Block
- 2018 Guild Challenge: My Name, My Block
- 2019 Guild Challenge: Three Crayons and Negative Space
2. Quilt created based on learnings and inspiration from the following workshop:
- Michelle Wilke Workshop “Modern Design, Everyday Inspiration” (May 2017)
- Cheryl Brickey Workshop “Subtracting for Minimalism” (2017 & 2018)
- Didi Salvatierra Workshop “Improv Piecing” (March 2018)
- Yvonne Fuchs Workshop “Triangle Transparency” (October 2018)
- Kitty Wilkin Workshop “English Paper Piecing” (June 2019)
- Kitty Wilkin Workshop “Tiny Piecing” (June 2019)
3. Quilt submitted to QuiltCon or national challenge (e.g. Michael Miller) and received
NOTE: THE CURATION COMMITTEE HAS THE OPTION TO SELECT QUILTS DESIGNED AND EXECUTED BY OUR MEMBERS WHICH DO NOT FALL INTO THE CATEGORIES ABOVE IF NEEDED TO ROUND OUT THE EXHIBIT.
QUILT SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Only current members of Greenville Modern Quilt Guild are eligible to participate.
2. One quilt per member will be displayed, but in the event a category is not filled we may use
more than one quilt from a member. Members are encouraged to submit multiple quilts that meet
3. Original designs only - no commercial patterns (unless the quiltmaker is the designer or the quilt was constructed during a GMQG-sponsored class such as Fuchs or Wilkin workshops)
4. Maximum quilt dimensions 60” x 60”.
5. Quilts must reflect the key elements of Modern Quilt Design, specifically:
- Bright/Graphic Colors
- Negative Space
- No Border
- Improvisational Piecing
- Alternate Gridwork
IF YOUR QUILT IS SELECTED
1. You will be notified by email on or before May 1, 2020.
2. Quilt must have a 4” hanging sleeve on back.
3. Quilt must be labeled with your name, phone number/email and quilt title.