Join us for the Greenville Modern Quilt March meeting on March 7, 2020.
Our program will feature trunk shows by Darleen Sanford and Jackie Callis. You won’t want to miss seeing the quilt journeys these two women have “made” and progressively continue to travel!
A Few Reminders:
- Workshop Registration Opens at our meeting! Remember your checkbooks or cash to reserve your spot! We have some great opportunities. Head over to our Meetings and Activities to see dates and details. Be sure to check back often for updates as plans develop.
- We will be voting on a bylaw change that will further clarify fees for workshops and special programs.
- Our April meetings will be our retreat (April 2-5) and our mini-retreat (April 4). We still have 2 open slots remaining for the Retreat so if still want to sign up, bring a check for $240 to the meeting. And if you have already signed up, you may now sign up a non-member friend/family (bring a check for $240 to the meeting this Saturday).
- Wildacres Retreat Attendees will meet with Sandy Helsel at the break on Saturday for detailed information. Watch for an email from Sandy this week with electronic handouts.
- Philanthropic Auction Fundraiser Quilt - The Children's Advocacy Center, our philanthropy project recipient, is holding a silent-auction-fundraiser on Saturday, March 21st. The title, Healing Through Art, connotes the auction items are contributed by local artists. During a recent quilt delivery (thank you generous ladies), Laurel Wanner, Child Life Specialist, and Dr. Nancy Henderson, program physician, asked if one of the quilts could be used as an auction item. Cindy Lange, Dana Blasi, Vicki Fissel and I decided to see if the guild could get together post haste and make a quilt especially for the auction. We are requesting simple, modern 13" x 13" (we'll trim to 12.5" x 12.5") blocks of your choice in watery shades of blues and greens. We would love for some of them to be Block of the Month. Please sign up on the Fundraiser Quilt sheet at the meeting, providing your email, and when we see if there are enough participants, we will plan how to get the quilt ready by MARCH 19th.
- Please remember any books that you have borrowed from the Guild Library.
Hope to see you, Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 1-3 PM at St. Giles Presbyterian Church.