Congratulations to all who took the challenge! And the winners were:
Michele Blake - 1st Place
Valorie Kasten - 2nd Place
Gaye Lovegrove - 3rd Place and Viewer's Choice
Didi Salvatierra - Judge's Choice
Many thanks to our judge, artist Patricia Kilburg. Thanks also to Valorie Kasten for making the ribbons.
|1st Place - Michele Blake 2nd Place - Valorie Kasten|
|3rd Place & Viewer's Choice - Gaye Lovegrove Judge's Choice - Didi Salvatierra|
|Sandy Helsel Carol Alperin|
|Joan Manfre Faye Jones|
|Nancy deJong Lesli Riekert|
|Cheryl Brickey Rita Sassone|
|Susan Sinclair Travis Seward|
|Paige Alexander Lynn Harrill|
|Susan Rink Mary Kelley|
|Kirsten Madison Dana Blasi|
|Ruth Freyer Dagmar Theodore|
- We welcomed 42 members and 6 guests for a total of 48 in attendance at this month's meeting.
- The remaining Sew-In Days for this year are Friday, September 13th and Friday, November 8th from 10-4 at Bernina, We're In Stitches.
- The Fall retreat plans have been cancelled.
Block of the Month
- Thank you for your participation in making quilts for the NC Hurricane Quilt Drive. If you have any more quilts to donate, Faye Jones can deliver them if she has them by August 15th.
- This month we collected 4 Hurricane Quilts and 6 Quilts for Kids.
- Paige Alexander will be presenting a workshop on Modern Machine Appliqué on October 5th. We are now taking sign-ups. Find all the information and the supply list in the Machine Appliqué Workshop post. Sign-ups will continue at the September meeting or you can email us at email@example.com.
- Our guest speaker in September will be Tom Chalmers. Tom uses alternative materials for his quilts and will be presenting a Trunk Show of his work.
- Paige Alexander and Travis Seward will be presenting a program on Machine Appliqué in October.
- November's Program will be Hand Quilting presented by Didi Salvatierra.
Nominating Committee for 2020
- Elise Dunbar, Michele Blake and Cindy Lammon have volunteered for the Nominating Committee to fill board positions for 2020. Please contact any one of them if you are interested in volunteering to serve the guild next year.
Events and Shows
Show and Share
|Paige Alexander - Kona Color Notebook|
|Michele Blake - Quilt of Valor given to Michele for her service in the Navy|
|Faye Jones - Hurricane Quilt made by GMQG members|
|Jill Erickson - Hurricane Quilt|
Our next meeting will be Saturday, September 7th, from 1-3 pm at St. Giles Church, 1021 Hudson Rd., Greenville, SC. Hope to see you there!