Greenville Modern Quilt Guild
Speaking of travel, we wish all who are headed to Wildfire Retreat Conference Center in NC a fun, fun and more fun time. The details of the event are here on our website. Thank you Sandy Helsel and Faye Jones for planning and coordinating this weekend away.
For any additional questions regarding the trip, please email Sandy at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing about the recap of the retreat at our next GMQG meeting!
Please note the change in our next meeting. It will be on the 3rd Saturday, April 15th.....and we will have a full agenda that includes:
- The "Block Recycle Challenge" unveiling!!!! This is going to be so much fun seeing how each of you transformed an unfinished, packed away and/or unloved quilt square that was brought in by one of you. As you know, Faye Jone's theory and challenge to us was a hidden away quilt square could be the inspiration to another. Our goal is to prove her right next month. Faye will present prizes to the winners.
- Recap of the retreat at Wildfire
- Last but not least, Cindy Lammon and Faye Jones will lead a discussion on "Copyright in Quilting"
A Note from Cindy:
Last month, Dana and I had the opportunity to join Faye and deliver your charity quilts to the Julie Valentine Center. Like all of you, I've listened to Faye explain where our donated quilts are going and how much they mean to the recipients. But there is nothing like seeing the facility in person, meeting the staff and knowing first-hand the services that are provided. Victims of abuse are interviewed, examined and provided with therapy at the center. The staff members we met, including one of the physicians and a four-legged friend, were warm, kind and loving. They shared with us how much comfort your quilts bring to children when they are being examined. Follow this link to learn more about the Julie Valentine Center. And thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Upcoming Quilting Events:
- Riley Blake Challenge with Creative Rockstar Fabric 2017
- The deadline for submissions is April 30th
- April 7 & 8-Tarheel Quilters Guild-"A Symphony of Quilts-Quiltfest 2017" in Fayetteville, NC.
- The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art - The Re-Launched and Re-Discovered Exhibit thru April 23rd in Charlotte, NC
- May 5 & 6-Western NC Quilters Guild-2017 Quilt Show.
- They are accepting quilt entries for the show until April 1, 2017
- Optional: bring a special item for special "gift basket" in the upcoming May workshop
- Bring your Block of the Month, Show & Share and Philanthropy projects....and
- May 12 & 13th -
Michelle Wilkie - Modern Quilt Design
Make plans to join us Saturday, April 15th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at:
2310 East North Street, Suite A
Greenville, SC 29607