A Quilting Retreat in North Carolina
April 7th - April 9th
All right......get your calendars out because Faye Jones & Sandy Helsel have organized and confirmed our beautiful location at Wildacres Retreat Conference Center.
We invite you to come join us! Just think "springtime" in the North Carolina mountains...we all know how pretty and inspiring that is!!!!
Here are all the details:
Date*: Friday, April 7 to Sunday, April 9th
Cost: $160 (which includes 2 nights lodging (bedding is included) + five (5) family-style meals.
Availability: 30 openings (note: after March 7th, sponsored guests may be invited)
Accommodations: We will lodge two (2) persons per room. There is a private bath in each room.
*Note: Check-in time will be at 2:30pm on the 7th and check-out time is 10:00am on the 9th (however, we may continue to use our workspace).
Some additional items to note as you plan are:
- There are no elevators, so we will have some stairs to our rooms and workroom
- There are no TV's
- Cell service is variable
- Consider bringing snacks (for in between meals)
- Alcohol is allowed on the premises
What's planned for the retreat:
It's an excellent "Mystery Project" where the pattern and some fabrics are provided, if you'd like to participate. In addition be sure to bring a project or two you would like to work on. Additional tools that will be provided are a couple of large cutting mats, ironing boards and full-size irons.
The supplies you will need to bring are:
- Sewing machine, cutting & measuring devices
- 3 extra assorted fat quarters
- 40" x 40" batting
- Fun & conversation ;-)
How do you register? It's easy:Two ways:
- Bring a check (made out to Greenville Modern Quilt Guild) to Sandy or Faye at our next meeting in February.
- If unable to attend the February meeting and would like to make a reservation, please email Sandy Helsel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Faye Jones at email@example.com .
Thank you Faye and Sandy for planning out all the details for us to getaway for an enjoyable weekend of quilting!