Date: Saturday, October 1, 2022
Time: : 10 AM – Lunch (Bring one) 1:00PM to 3PM
Location: Giles Presbyterian Church, 1021 Hudson Rd. Greenville SC
10 AM Sew-in for QuiltCon Charity Quilt -things to bring
Sewing machine with preferred foot for ¼” seams
• Light grey thread (example Aurifil 2600)
• Removable marking device
• Rotary cutter with sharp blade and mat
• A long ruler such as 6” x 24”
• Standard quilting tools such as a seam ripper
• Pressing equipment (optional)
• Extension cords
• A printed copy of the Bletchley Park Stitch Project Shifting Data Block directions (found on the GMQG web site)
QuiltCon is the annual gathering of the Modern Quilt Guild which is held every year in late February. This year is is being held in Atlanta -- do not forget to go to site to get your free tickets. Every year the MQG gives Guilds and groups of individual members the opportunity to have a quilt hang at the show that does not have to be juried in. All of the quilts are created from a set color palette with some loose guide lines. After QuiltCon, the approximately twin size quilts are then either donated or sold in support of a charity. So if you would like to have see a quilt at QuiltCon with your stitches in it, come on October 1 at 10:00 AM and help. The Greenville MQG is providing all of the fabric and there is no tricky construction techniques.
(lunch and cleanup plus rearrangement of room for meeting)
Agenda for Meeting – Staring at 1:00
· October 1 is “Challenge” month. If you are participating in the Challenge, PLEASE bring your quilt no later than 12:45pm. Our own members will be voting on their favorite. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
· President Sandy Helsel – Welcome and comments ( no Library today, Ruth is out of town)
· VP: November 5th Meeting Guest Speaker Sylvia Schaefer will be doing a program and workshop on “Designing with Negative Space” ”. Our meeting will begin at 9:30am. We will break for lunch about 11:am or 11:30am. Sylvia will then begin her workshop. Please bring a lunch as there really are not any lunch restaurants near where we meet. The workshop is $20.00 and there are still a few openings.
Sylvia is an award-winning quilter and a pattern designer. She has published one book. She also has had her patterns/quilts in several magazines.
· Nominating Committee Report of Slate for 2023: Marilyn Hagopian and Dagmar Theodore
· Membership and Christmas Fundraiser: Jill Erickson
· Philanthropy: Faye Jones
· Block of the Month: Valorie Kasten
- Show and Share:
- Program: - Challenge competition
- VP - October Challenge
Post a Comment