PROPOSED SPEAKERS/PROGRAMS FOR GMQG 2021
- UPDATE -
Jan. 2 – Johnnie McKenzie –“Inspirations”
Feb. 6 – Travis Stewart – Men in Quilting
Mar. 6 – Favorite Books
Apr. 3 – 1. Modern Quilt Guild Admin – tour of MQG Website;
2. Maria Shell – Virtual Lecture + Workshop
May 1 – 1. Gee's Bend Lecture – via Zoom - Faye Jones, Rita Sassone & Anne Larkin
2. Annual Challenge Announcement: From Rita Sassone, "I recently heard this quote, which I think is important to share with my fellow quilters: 'You have to go by instinct and you have to be brave.' This is my challenge to you all! After experiencing Maria Shell's workshop and hearing about the Quilters of Gee's Bend, your task is to create an improv quilt (top, batting, back, quilted and bound) no smaller than 16" x 16" nor larger than 20" x 20" (doesn't need to be square) to showcase all you have learned. Be sure to add a label on the back to identify yourself. Remember, be bold and be brave! Can't wait to see your creations in October!"*
June 5 – Karen Eckmeier – Virtual Workshop via Zoom before meeting – Color, Twists and Leaves, 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Membership Meeting Lecture - Wiggles and Waves, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Hybrid - Karen via Zoom; Membership in person &/or via Zoom.
July 10 – Janelle Schwartz stepping in for Katie Lewis, a Certified "Scrappy Appliqué" teacher, to share Shannon Brinkley's Scrappy Appliqué Method - Lecture via Zoom.
Aug. 7 – Timna Tarr – Virtual Lecture via Zoom; Membership Hybrid - in person or via Zoom.
Sept. 4 – Cheryl Brickey will share her newly published Just One Charm Pack Quilts book with Member Trunk Show of two versions of 17 quilts (for a total of 34) from the book. Cheryl in person; Membership Hybrid.
Oct. 2 – Annual Challenge Reveal: 'Gee's Bend Quilts' Improv Quilt, Hybrid - *This meeting will be in person and/or via Zoom. For those who participate in the Challenge who are unable to attend the live meeting, prior to the deadline and no later than Friday, Oct. 1st, you can either
1) make arrangements to drop off your quilt with Faye Jones or Dana Blasi, or
2) have your quilt picked up by Dana or Dagmar Theodore, and
3) we will be happy to submit it for judging and show your quilt at the meeting on your behalf.
Quilt Challenge Reveal: Saturday, October 2nd. In any case, we ask that all participants please remember to send a good photo of your creation to Susan Rink so we can provide Zoom attendees with clear visuals of all the submitted quilts.
Nov. 6 – Debbie Grifka - Lecture & Workshop - details forthcoming.
Dec. 4 – Christmas Luncheon and Auction
**This calendar may be subject to change.**
Post a Comment