Program: Hand QuiltingMany thanks to Didi Salvatierra who shared her expertise and love of hand quilting for this month's program. We learned about many of the tools and notions needed, and how important it is to try different tools to find what work best for you. Didi also shared many of her beautiful hand quilted creations.
For the second half of the program our members watched a demonstration by Didi of her hand quilting technique and Cindy Lammon helped with some hands-on practice. Batting was generously provided by Hobbs Batting.
Visit Didi at her website: Didi Quilts
- We welcomed 43 members and 3 guests to our meeting this month.
- 2020 dues are $50 and must be paid by January 31st. Bring your dues (check or cash) to the meeting or mail to Paige Alexander.
QuiltCon Charity Quilt
- Our charity quilt, "Zoomville", raised $950 in the Synnex Share the Magic Auction for local children's charities.
- Friday, November 8th will be the final Sew-In Day for 2019. Join us at Bernina We're In Stitches anytime from 10-4 and enjoy some fun sewing time with friends. We ask that you purchase a 1/2 yard of fabric at the shop to be raffled off at the end of the day.
Golden Hour Photo Shoot
- Our next Golden Hour Photoshoot will be November 4th at 5pm (weather permitting) at the Wyche pavilion behind the Peace Center. You must contact Elise Dunbar if you'd like to participate, otherwise she will not be there.
2020 Board of Directors
- The following were elected to next year's BOD by unanimous vote:
- President - Dagmar Theodore
- Vice President - Faye Jones
- Secretary - Michele Blake
- Treasurer - Cindy Lange
- Membership - Sarah Snider
- The 2020 Board is looking for a Block of the Month Chair for next year. Blocks can be chosen from free online patterns or designed by our members. Contact us at email@example.com for more info or if you're interested in serving.
Block of the Month
- The October Blocks, Tailgate shown this month:
- Thank you to Travis Seward for designing our Block of the Month this year! Shown below is Travis's completed top.
- The instructions for finishing your quilt are here. There are two layout options (click on the link below each option for the pattern):
|Layout Option A|
|Layout Option B|
Holiday Luncheon, December 7th from 1-3 pm
- In December we will host our annual fundraiser and we appreciate new or nearly new items for our auction/lottery. Attendees buy $1 tickets and place them into containers for each item. The winner for each is then drawn from the container. Suggested donations include: quilts, quilted items, quilting supplies, gift certificates, fabric, books, patterns, art, gift baskets and holiday items.
- If you would like to donate something, but cannot attend the December meeting, contact the committee members listed below by mid November.
- We ask that you please RSVP for the luncheon, so we can plan accordingly. RSVP by contacting one of the committee members listed below. We would like to have a final count by November 23rd.
- Contact any of the committee members: Jill Erickson, Ruth Freyer, Darleen Sanford, Dana Blasi or the guild at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The library will not be available for borrowing books in December, but we will be accepting returns for any GMQG books that have been checked out.
- Thank you to Darleen Sanford, who will be taking over as librarian in 2020.
- Mark your calendars for April 2-5, 2020 for our guild retreat at Wildacres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, NC.
- Sign-ups will begin in early 2020 with a maximum of 24 participants.
- The deadline for QuiltCon entries is December 2nd.
- The quilt show in Pickens is next weekend, November 8-9th. See our Shows and Events Page for more details.
Show and Share
Our next meeting and holiday luncheon will be Saturday, December 7th from 1-3 pm at St. Giles Church, 1021 Hudson Rd., Greenville, SC.