In this month's program, our members shared their favorite books, notions and fabrics. We learned about some books that are great to have on the shelf for repeated reference, along with recommendations of color cards and some handy notions, such as Fiskars cutting tool
. We got to catch a glimpse of some fun new fabric lines and even learned of some non-traditional quilting tools such as weights, hammers and special sewing eyeglasses. Thanks to all our members who shared their favorites! 💚
- We welcomed 30 members, 2 new members and 1 guest for a total attendance of 33.
- Our next Sew-In is Friday, July 26th, from 10 to 4 pm at Bernina We're In Stitches. We ask that you purchase a half yard of fabric to be raffled off to one lucky participant.
- July 26th is also the final day for assembling quilt tops for the Hurricane Relief Quilts. If you have blocks to donate, please bring them with you or drop them off at the Bernina store prior to July 26th.
- Future Sew-Ins are scheduled for September 13th and November 8th.
- Our 2019 QuiltCon Charity Quilt "Zoomville" has been entered into the Asheville Show held September 27-29 in the Group or Team category.
- QuiltCon class registration is now open for the show in Austin, TX, February 20-23. 2020. Early Bird registration for members of MQG is open until July 10th, when class registration will open for non-members.
- As a guild member and member of MQG, you can get a free show pass until November.
- Quilt Show entries are now open and continue until November.
- GMQG will not be entering a charity quilt in 2020; however small groups within the guild may choose to do so.
- See all the information on the QuiltCon website.
- Information on the Fall Retreat can be found in the May blog post.
- Sign-up for the retreat using the online Registration Form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Block of the Month
- We collected 7 charity quilts this month!
- Many thanks to Faye Jones for encouraging our members to make and donate quilts, and for delivering them every month.
- Faye shared the following message from Laurel: I want to THANK-YOU so much for the quilts your group continues to provide. I am privileged to see the joy and amazement on the faces of the children and families when the quilts are offered at the end of medical visits. They are very appreciative and grateful for these beautiful quilts, and usually immediately wrap themselves up in them. So, again, Thank-you to you and your group!! Laurel Wanner, CCLS, Certified Child Life Specialist, Child Abuse, Pediatrics, Prisma Health.
- Be sure to visit our Events Page for all the upcoming local activities, including a Community Sew-In on August 17th.
- Are you a garment maker? Frocktails of Asheville has a meet-up scheduled for Saturday, August 24th. More information at ashevillefrocktails.com
Cheryl Brickey from Meadow Mist Designs
has started her fifth Mystery Quilt. Mosaic Mystery
is a free quilt-along that will run from July 2019 to April 2020 with a set of directions revealed the first Thursday of every month. The Mosaic Mystery is a lap size design, that can easily be made larger with the addition of borders.
Show and Share
|Cindy Lammon - "Midnight Mystery" and "Pivot"|
|Cindy Lammon - "Meadowland" and "Trinket"|
|Dagmar Theodore - "Chevron"|
|Sandy Helsel - "Twisted"|
|Michele Blake |
|Bonnie Cunningham - "Disappearing Nine Patch"|
|Paige Alexander - Pantone Challenge|
|Johellen George |
|Madeline Farner |
|Leigh Ann Lukens |
|Leigh Ann Lukens - tiny piecing used to mend jeans|
|Mary Kelley - Pincushion doll with tiny piecing|
|Denise Frick - dress and quilted card|
|Valorie Kasten - Riley Blake Challenge|
|Leslie Riekert |
|Nancy deJong |
Our next meeting is August 3rd, from 1-3 pm at St Giles Church, 1021 Hudson Rd., Greenville, SC.
Post a Comment