Those three words strike fear in many quilters. In this month's program, Cheryl Brickey will take us through a step by step process to help determine which quilt design to use on a quilt, whether we are quilting it ourselves or sending it out to a quilting professional. This process will help you decide between allover versus custom patterns, which designs to use and even quilting density and thread color. Cheryl will be showing many of her own quilts and discussing how she decided on a quilting design for each.
- The Sew-In for our MQG Charity quilt is Friday, Sept. 7 from 1-3:30 pm and Saturday, Sept. 8 from 10-12:30 pm. We hope for as much participation as possible. The fabric and patterns will be provided and the sewing is easy! Bring your machine, neutral thread, mat and rotary cutter.
- Our Name Tag Challenge is this month. Make a name tag using modern design with your first name and you'll be eligible for a prize drawing!
- We have had 2 members who have cancelled for the October 13, 2018 Workshop on Triangle Transparency with Yvonne Fuchs. We are currently contacting those on the waiting list and should have an update at the September meeting. If you are interested in signing up contact firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at the September meeting.
- Those of you who have signed up for the above workshop should have received your supply list by email.
- We will be voting on a dues increase of $15 for 2019 at this month's meeting. Please review the discussion from our August minutes here. Per our Bylaws, the proposal requires a majority present at the meeting.
- This month's Block of the Month is Swirling Star in cool colors with light background. Find the free pattern at Wombat Quilts.
- A friendly reminder - please return all library books.
- We always look forward to seeing you Show and Share Projects!
Hope to see you on Saturday, September 8, 2018 from 1-3 pm at:
2310 East North Street, Suite A
Greenville, SC 29607