We enjoyed wonderful food and tasty desserts...
And placed our tickets with hopes of winning...
Many thanks to our party planners, Darleen Sanford, Jill Erickson, Ruth Freyer and Dana Blasi.
We presented our 2019 President, Elise Dunbar, with a Signature Quilt. Thank you Elise for your leadership in making this year fun and informative!
A Few Announcements
2020 Board Member Change
- We want to thank Michele Blake for volunteering to be Secretary next year, but she recently found out that she will be moving out of Greenville. Leigh Ann Lukens has stepped up to take the position in 2020. Thanks, Leigh Ann!
- Next year's retreat will be held Thursday, April 2nd thru Sunday , April 5th, 2020 at Wildacres Retreat. Signups begin on January 4th at the January meeting and continue until all 24 slots are filled. (double occupancy of 12 rooms). Eligibility is for current, 2020 Greenville Modern Quilt Guild members.
- Your registration is complete when payment has been received in the amount $240 which is all inclusive (lodging, meals, use of sewing room and gratuity). Make checks out to GMQG and present or mail to Sandy Helsel (accepted after January 4, 2020 at 1pm).
- Once all slots are filled, a Wait List will be started. At this time guests of GMQG retreaters will be allowed to register. Should a registered member need to cancel, wait listed individuals will be notified in the order in which they were received.
- It will be possible to do a “split” between 2 people if there is a member that cannot attend all 3 nights: for example a person may only be able to come for 2 nights, the second person would come for just one night. Please make these arrangements yourselves and provide one payment for the slot.
- Check-in begins: Thursday at 2:30 pm. Check-out Sunday afternoon - last meal served on Sunday is Breakfast.
- Optional activities during the retreat will include, but not limited to:
- Dirty Santa (Fat Quarter swap of 4 fat quarters)
- Mystery Project
- Member demonstrations
- Sale/swap Boutique
- Field trips to local stores
We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and look forward to seeing you all in 2020!
Our next meeting will be Saturday, January 4, 2020 from 1-3 pm at St Giles Church, 1021 Hudson Rd., Greenville, SC.