Machine Appliqué Workshop 9-12
In the morning, Paige Alexander will be teaching Machine Appliqué for those who have registered. The supply list is here and doors open at 8:30 for set-up. There is currently one spot left in the workshop. Contact Paige or the guild at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in taking the class.
Program: Machine Appliqué in Modern Quilting
Our speakers this month are our very own Paige Alexander and Travis Seward who will present a program all about appliqué. We will travel around world exploring the diversity in appliqué and the various techniques used to accomplish the works.
Paige (Quilted Blooms) learned to appliqué before she started quilting almost 15 years ago and enjoys incorporating appliqué into her quilts.
As part of his travels for work and pleasure, Travis (Travis Seward) enjoys discovering the variety of designs and techniques used by local artists and crafts people and using them to inspire his own quilts.
|"Up the Wall", made by Paige Alexander from Sunday Morning Quilts|
A Few Reminders
- Per our Bylaws, we'll be announcing the 2020 board nominees this month and voting in November.
- Only a few blocks left in this year's Block of the Month. We look forward to seeing your September block, Courthouse Square.
- Have any sewing related items you no longer need? Our "Free to a Good Home Table" has become a popular spot!
- Thank you for returning any library books that you have checked out!
- As always, we love seeing your modern makes for Show and Share.
Please join us for our meeting on Saturday, October 5th, from 1-3 pm at St. Giles Church, 1021 Hudson Rd., Greenville, SC.