Our meeting will be a combined meeting and workshop on paper piecing taught by Darlene. For the meeting portion of the day, please bring any show and shares and MQG Riley Blake challenge quilts. After a short meeting we will start the workshop.
What should I bring?
- Sewing machine of course
- Open toed foot is best
- Rotary cutter and mat (small if you have one)
- Rotary rulers (Small is probably all that you will need. I will have my one for squaring up if anyone needs it.)
- A 90/14 needle if you have one. The larger needle will help to perforate the paper template.
- A few irons along with small pressing mats.
- I'm thinking we could put one small pressing mat between 2 people to share.
- You will need less than 1/2 yard of the background fabric. I would suggest that you bring at 1/2 yard just in case.
- The rest of the star requires about 1/4 fabric or maybe a bit more.
- Bring lots of scraps.
Darlene will be bringing copies of the templates. We WILL finish the block by the end of the day. We are going to have fun.
The majority voted to buy lunch so please plan to bring about $5 and I (Cheryl) will go out and bring something in for everyone. You are also free to bring your lunch instead.