The following are some key dates:
Sat, August 12, EQ8 Class
Sun, August 20, Sew in at Marietta’s Quilt and Sew for the Outreach Quilt; 1pm to 4pm
Sun, September 17, Sew in at Marietta’s Quilt and Sew for the Outreach Quilt; 1pm to 4pm
The fee for the EQ8 class is $50; this is an introductory class that will be taught by Cheryl Brickey. Please arrive by 12:15 to get set-up.
Today’s program is Curves & Circles.
There were 23 members and 6 guests present. 7 charity quilts were collected.
Programs for the balance of the year
(Please note: we normally meet the first Sat of each month; however, as first Sat in Sep falls on Labor Day weekend, we have moved that meeting to the second Sat, Sep 9):
Sep 9 – Michelle will be demonstrating Kawandi Quilting. This will be a hands on program. You need to bring your piece to work on. Please bring the following:
• 1 fat quarter 18 x 22 for the backing
• Thin batting 17 x 21 quilters dream or any low loft batting you have
• Scraps of quilting material – do not cut just bring what you have
• 12 weight white wonder thread called spaghetti, OR DMC floss or pearl cotton; your
choice of color or white.
• #7 embroidery needle – if you have to purchase one, Michelle loves Bohin needles
• Fabric scissors
• Optional but suggested – thimble
Come ready to have fun and learn a new awesome, very freeing technique that you will enjoy
any time or on the go.
Oct 7 – Pat Markel will be demonstrating binding techniques as well as presenting a mini trunk show
Nov 4 – Cheryl Brickey will be presenting a trunk show with regard to her new book Just Two Charm Pack Quilts; Slash your Stash
Dec 2 – Holiday Luncheon Social (11:00 – 3:00). We will have our annual raffle; please bring
your items for donation to this meeting. Please remember what you donate should be
something you would like to receive :-).
Ruth shared new books.
Remember anyone who is a member of Greenville Modern Quilt Guild is a member of the Modern Quilt Guild (national). Registration for QuiltCon 2024, which is being held in Raleigh, NC, starts Aug 15. As a member of our quilt guild you are entitled to a free pass for the show.
Plan to register for any classes you’d like to take before they fill up; sign up starts at 10:00 a.m.
Show and Share
Sail Quilt – donation from neighbor
Fall Quilt – donation from neighbor
• Barbara demonstrated “simple circles, pin in process”
• Faye demonstrated the “6-minute circle.” Faye used Dale Fleming’s inset circle method.
• Ava demonstrated an applique method of applying circles.